KomodoLuxury is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us:
Name, email address, password, information about your preferences and interests, as well as other information you directly give us on our site. In addition, we may also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, when you send us e-mail communications or by telephone). We may also further enrich your profile with additional data that is publicly available or, with your explicit permission, access more detailed information on alternative platforms (Instagram, Facebook, etc.).
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site to form part of Your Information. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and brokers) and may receive information about you from them.
On our Site, the forms where you might enter personal information is use for marketing purposes.
We also ask you to notify us if any of your personal information is wrong or if you need to inform us about any changes.
HOW IS YOUR DATA USED?
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us.
- To provide a better service for you, whether it is Crew Placement, Crew Training, Boat Brokerage, Boat Charter and/or Boat Management.
- To process bookings made by you for training courses, including certification at the end of your course.
- Internal record-keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send you information on events, offers, news and campaigns.
- To contact you for market research purposes.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organizations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be advised that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Your information is stored on systems that are protected by technical measures which meet international quality assurance standards and are backed up on a regular basis.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to update or restrict the collection or use of your personal information as follows:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Individuals are entitled only to their own personal data, and not to information relating to other people unless they are acting on behalf of that person. In these circumstances, written consent will be required.
- Bluewater will comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as is practicable, but will ensure that the information is provided within 30 days, as required by GDPR.
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated on 19th October 2022.