Komodo Island is a magnificent island in Indonesia, specifically in the Nusa Tenggara Archipelago, east of Sumbawa Island. This Island is known as the natural habitat of the Komodo dragon.
Planning a trip from the UK to Komodo Island involves several steps, including a flight to Indonesia, domestic flights, and sailing from Labuan Bajo to Komodo Island. Here is the navigation on how to get to Komodo Island from the UK.
How to Get to Komodo Island from The UK
There is no direct flight from the UK, especially London, to Komodo Island. However, several airlines provide flights connecting to Labuan Bajo from the UK. Thus, follow these guides to find the best routes and deals for your trip!
1. From the UK to Komodo Island
The distance between London, UK, and Komodo Island is approximately 7,800 miles (12,550 kilometers). Thus, air is the fastest and easiest way to get to Komodo Island from the UK. If you are in the UK and want to get to Komodo Island, you must head to Labuan Bajo before getting to Komodo Island.
Several airlines provide flights from any airport in the UK to Labuan Bajo Komodo Airport, including one to two transits. Below are the flight options you can choose from!
A. From London Heathrow Airport [LHR] to Labuan Bajo Komodo Airport [LBJ] via Singapore with Singapore Airlines + Citilink
- Outbound flight: Depart from London Heathrow Airport at 11:25 AM and arrive at Labuan Bajo Airport at 04:40 PM a day later.
- Details of flight: This flight takes 22 hours and 15 minutes, including transit at Singapore Changi Airport and Denpasar Bali Airport.
- Estimated cost: It will cost you approximately from £480 to £646.
B. From London Gatwick Airport [LGW] to Labuan Bajo Komodo Airport [LBJ] via Qatar with Qatar Airways + Citilink
- Outbound flight: Depart from London Gatwick Airport at 09:00 AM and arrive at Labuan Bajo at 12:55 PM a day later.
- Details of flight: This flight takes 20 hours and 55 minutes, including transit at Doha Hamad International Airport.
- Estimated cost: It will cost you approximately from £423 to £888.
C. From London Stansted Airport [STN] to Labuan Bajo Komodo Airport [LBJ] via Dubai with Emirates + BatikAir Indonesia
- Outbound flight: Depart from London Stansted Airport at 09:10 PM and arrive at Denpasar at 10:50 AM two days later.
- Details of flight: This flight takes 30 hours and 40 minutes, including transit at Dubai Airport.
- Estimated cost: It will cost you approximately from £484 to £789.
D. From London Luton Airport [LTN] to Labuan Bajo Komodo Airport [LBJ] via Istanbul with Wizz Air UK + Qatar Airways + BatikAir Indonesia
- Outbound flight: Depart from London Luton Airport at 06:10 AM and arrive at Labuan Bajo Airport at 12:30 AM a day later.
- Details of flight: This flight takes 23 hours and 20 minutes, including three transits at Istanbul Airport, Doha Hamad International Airport, and Soekarno-Hatta Airport.
- Estimated cost: It will cost you approximately from £647 to £997.
Estimated cost: the flight prices significantly depend on the booking time, season, and departure city. It will cost you approximately from £420 to £1200. Ensure you book your flight from any trusted OTA (Online Travel Agency) such as skyscanner, agoda, or booking.com.
2. Boat trip to Komodo Island
The only way to get to Komodo Island from Labuan Bajo is by boat in Labuan Bajo Harbor. It would help if you continued by taxi from Labuan Bajo Airport, maybe around thirty minutes until you arrive at the harbor.
From Labuan Bajo harbor, you can choose between a local boat ferry by PELNI or a boat trip to Komodo Island. It will take around two hours to arrive in Komodo Island.
Due to the sailing schedule, tourists are expected to arrive in Labuan Baju one day before the trip schedule.
For the best experience, you can spend the night in a luxurious room while sailing and enjoying the magnificence of Komodo Island abroad on a Phinisi boat by Komodo Luxury.
Komodo Luxury offers two options for the Komodo Island Boat Tour: a private trip and an open one. These tours usually span two to three days, including snorkeling, trekking, and wildlife spotting.
Komodo Island Entrance Fee for UK Citizens
According to the East Nusa Tenggara provincial head of tourism, the entry fee for Komodo Island in Komodo National Park is differentiated into two categories for local tourists and foreigners.
Ticket fee payment is only accepted in cash directly by the participants at Komodo National Park. Please prepare some money (cash only) of approximately IDR 600,000 (£30,54) for foreign nationals. This price includes an entry fee and snorkeling.
For additional information, if you bring the drone and wish to fly it in the core zones of Komodo National Park, such as Padar Island, Pink Beach, and Taka Makassar, you must obtain drone flight permission by paying a fee of IDR 1,030,000 (£52,40) to the Komodo National Park Office. If flying without a drone ticket, it is still possible in destinations outside of Komodo National Park.
Interesting to experience the ultimate luxury vacation from the UK on a Phinisi boat to Komodo Island? As a top-notch tour operator in Labuan Bajo, KomodoLuxury offers tours with highly skilled guides. Join fellow travelers on a grand adventure with KomodoLuxury and make your dream happen!